Registered Massage Therapy
Not all massage therapy is equal. At Change Your Pain Kamloops, we provide Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) services to our clients as part of our interdisciplinary approach to pain management, physical rehabilitation and overall health.
Massage as a form of therapy dates back thousands of years and is a proven method of treatment and healing for many types of injuries, ailments, and diseases. By utilizing the services of RMTs, you can be confident that highly trained professionals will oversee all of your care competently and with your overall wellness in mind.
What is Registered Massage Therapy?
It is a professional designation provided by the College of Massage Therapists in British Columbia (CMTBC) to a health professional who has successfully completed an approved training course and registered with the CMTBC.
What does treatment at Change Your Pain Kamloops include?
From evaluating your comprehensive medical history to completing a physical assessment and creating a treatment plan that sets you up for success, the RMTs and other health practitioners at Change Your Pain Kamloops work together to improve your quality of life and overall state of health and wellness.
If you have questions about how Registered Massage Therapy can help you and/or your loved ones, Contact Us.
If you’re ready to start your journey to wellness now,
CLICK TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
As part of a provincially recognized health profession, RMTs provide registered massage therapy services for many reasons, including:
• Fibromyalgia – Massage can reduce your heart rate, relax your muscles, improve range of motion in your joints, and increase the production of your body’s natural painkillers.
• Multiple Sclerosis – Deep tissue or myofascial release increases oxygen and circulation throughout the body. It improves range of motion and can improve fatigue and pain, leading to enhanced quality of life.
• Osteoarthritis – Reduces pain, improves function, flexibility, and mobility, improves sleep.
• Raynaud’s Disease – Registered Massage Therapy can help increase blood flow to extremities and continued treatment has been shown to reduce symptoms of Raynaud’s.
• Sports Massage Therapy – Beneficial both as part of a training program for warming up prior to events, post event cool downs, and as a means to assist in injury prevention and treatment.
• Whiplash – RMTs may help to decrease muscle spasms and pain, restore range of motion, improve muscle strength, reduce headaches, and improve overall function.
• Depression – Registered Massage Therapy can improve sleep, reduce anxiety, and help alleviate symptoms of depression.
• Pre-Post Natal Massage Therapy.
• And much, much more.